- Cost: US$ 395.00
Diabetes Intensive Seminar
Original Date: October 24-25, 2015
Presenter: Mona Morstein, ND
Become a comprehensive and effective physician for all types of diabetic patients! NUNM welcomes leading naturopathic expert on diabetes, Dr. Mona Morstein, for an intensive weekend filled with easy-to implement clinical pearls. She will walk through step-by-step how to treat and manage Type 1 and Type 2 diabetic patients, from diagnosis to treatment, as well as ongoing management.
- Key information to collect in the initial visit, including important questions, to help you manage the patient better and also demonstrate your expertise
- Methodology of office visits: what to do on first, second and follow-up visits
- Physical exams to do in office, especially before treatment begins
- Labs to order in the beginning and in follow-ups, and interpreting various findings
- When to treat immediately, when to wait and see what the protocol corrects
- Dietary approach: which are most effective for patients and managing non-compliant patients
- Oral medications: which you should be comfortable prescribing, which should you not prescribe, and which to use last and remove first, when possible
- Injectable non-insulin medications: which patients benefit most
- Insulin use in Type 2 patients: how to initiate treatment and how to follow up
- Insulin use concerns: Selecting dosages out of all the options, when to add in bolus dosing to Type 2 patients
- Insulin pumps: how NDs can make use of pumps, how to direct patients to work with us
- Supplements: which ones are REALLY the good ones; dosing, side-effects (if any), etc.
- Case examples from start to finish, demonstrating a variety of common courses, issues, clinical scenarios and outcomes with diabetic patients
If you wish to ‘know’ diabetes and how to be a comprehensive, safe, and effective naturopathic physician seeing diabetic patients, this is the seminar for you!
For more content from Dr. Morstein, consider viewing the Insulin Intensive Seminar from 2012, which provides in-depth instruction on everything about using insulin in all its different forms, and with all included accessories. It will teach you how to start and change insulin doses, both basal and bolus, with all types of diabetic patients.
12.5 (including 4.75 pharmacy and 7.75 general) CEUs for NDs approved by OBNM